Saturday, July 4, 2015

Rhyming In Timing 2013

Missing You
Watching the world pass me by through window.
Staring outside, I'm just taking a view.
I don't know who you are, all that I know
is that I'm alone and I'm thinking of you.

I watch the people dance their busy life.
I watch the sky change its color for me.
I watch myself from the edge of a knife.
I see you in everything that I see.

I am completely surrounded by you.
Yet I don't seem to see you anywhere.
I'm thinking of the times when I hurt you
and the times when I just didn't seem to care.

You're sweeter than the sweetest chocolate bar.
Bitter than the water, I used to be.
They say the more scarce, the precious you are.
May be that's why you're so precious to me.

To everyone who didn't understand me,
didn't mean to seek your attention with this.
I was just passing my time. Anyways,
thank you for giving your time to read this.


Time to bid Farewell
After all the highs and lows,
12 is finally over.
Our relation is no less denser
than supernova.
These two years have pushed me closer
to being a man.
In exploring my potential,
it's been my helping hand.
I can never forget the friends
I made in this college.
It was fun sharing our happiness,
sadness and knowledge.
I'mma miss all the "Good morning students"
and "Sit down, sir"
Our classroom had everything from
comedian to bouncer.
"Your future is in your hand"
written on toilet wall.
"Your future is dark" was the
greatest joke for us all.
The first day of college seems to me
like just yesterday.
I returned from the last day of college
just today.
I don't know if I'll ever meet
my college friends again.
I may not meet all but hope
to meet at least some of them.
Playing basketball in the scorching sun
was our favorite past time.
I don't even remember when I
played it for the last time.
It's been fun teasing the naughty girls
of the other section.
Oh, my section had no girls;
I almost forgot to mention.
Although my college is new and small,
it is not bad.
I can tell that from the experiences
that I had.
I wish a bright future
for the college and its staff.
I hope it's pride will soon be
as high as a giraffe.
It feels sad to bid farewell
to all my college friends.
May our friendship last forever,
hope it never ends.
At last, but not the least,
I would like to raise a glass
for all the future doctors and engineers
of my class! :D

Author: © manish munikar 

No comments:

Post a Comment